Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gothic Sparkles

Last nights StyleWeek Providence was a lot of fun. I saw two great shows, one by Karen Beebe and another by Samuel Vartan. Beebe's show was very feminine with tons of sparkly fabrics & polka dots and filled with short jumpers & dresses. Vartan's show was very gothic inspired; low cut pieces in leather, lace and velvet.
While I was going through my blog feed I saw how Ramsey from Love, Ramsey is doing a "pantless" challenge, essentially wearing skirts and dresses instead of pants...pretty self explanatory right? (Check out her site to see how she's doing!) Anyway, the point is that I was definitely inspired to wear a skirt to the show tonight. While this body-con skirt that I am wearing doesn't seem so..."appropriate" for an internship, I think that since it is for a fashion show event, and I am wearing a long tunic over it makes it more..."acceptable"? Tonight I'm wearing:
Skirt: H&M body-con, Tights: Target, Tunic: Adrienne Vittadini, Belt: borrowed from Mom, Socks: stolen from Dad, Boots: Sam Edelman, Watch: Michael Kors
 
StyleWeek Providence
The Runway
My favorite look from the Karen Beebe show
Awesome draped black lace head wrap from the Samuel Vartan show




6 comments:

  1. Ok, so you are out there livin' the dream life! That is awesome! Jealous that my job takes place in a dinky office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I've always wanted to go to a real live fashion show!
    I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked amazing! And so perfect for a show. Both shows looked great. I'm particularly LOVING that Karen Beebe dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fashion shows!! But I've never actually been to a live one! Just seen them on TV. Though when I was younger I was in an American Girls fashion show... but that's about as far as my modeling career goes. :) xo

    Kathryn

    http://sweetteaandchampagne.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! Maybe we can follow each other?
    http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys! I love all of your comments..so sweet!

    ReplyDelete