Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear Ms. Bradshaw, Can I Have Your Life?

I have met very few girls who haven't been obsessed with the following things: fashion, Sex & the City, New York City, finding love, living glamorously, and having a close-knit group of friends. Well...Carrie Bradshaw (obviously played by my girl SJP!) seems to have it all, what all girls want and I am obsessed with having one day.
It seems a little repetitive amongst "fashion" bloggers...who doesn't want to be like Sarah Jessica Parker's character? Besides having all the things that most girls are obsessed with, Carrie works as a columnist for Vogue, has best selling books (basically pondering what the heck men are all about), and is a walking fashion goddess. I want all of this. I want to write about love, life, fashion, travel, inspirations. I want to find the boy (I mean man?) of my dreams! I want to travel to exotic places, soaking up the culture and lifestyle. I want to have a close-knit group of friends once I leave my little security blanket crew in college. I want to dress with no regret, testing the boundaries, wearing big flowers on my dresses and birds on my head (maybe not the bird thing exactly, but hopefully you get my reference). The point is I want so much and I don't know how to get there and accomplish my dreams.
I think this upcoming second semester senior status is really starting to freak me out. My friend Chris knows, I literally talk to him all the time about my fear of graduation, how I don't know what I will become or what I will do (Thank you so much :) Chris this is your shout out).
So while this was my post to pay tribute to my idol Carrie Bradshaw (I know she is a television character but I can't help but want to be her, just a little bit...or a lot), I had to get all this frustration off my chest, and I feel a little better.
If you made it all the way through this post, thanks for reading. And now, a little CB inspiration.

SJP: Classic & Timeless
Anytime I see a big flower I think of SJP on SATC

1 comment:

  1. I was watching Sex and the City 2 the other day and realized the same thing too. I just want her life! I wish the Fashion journalism field was as easy to get into as Carrie makes it seem, we can all dream though!

    ReplyDelete