Monday, January 3, 2011

Black Swan Fashion

Even though I didn't see the movie yet (not big on going to freezing cold movie theaters with an inability to get up without missing crucial cinematic moments), BLACK SWAN has been blowing up everywhere! Not only does it feature two of my style icons, Natalie Portman (who went to my high school!) and Mila Kunis, but it is supposed to be a psychological thriller. I have some weird obsession with the inner-workings of the mind, which is why I love tarot card & palm readings...(separate issue). Getting back on task, I recently saw an article in the NY Times about how the movie "influenced" the upcoming BALLET trend, "multilayered tutus, feathers and cobwebby knits attesting to a shift in the fashion wind."
Big designers like Karl Lagerfeld and J. Mendel, as well as chain stores like Asos and American Apparel are all showing clothes with a dark and feminine touch. What do you think? Would you try this out? I love the sheer fabrics associated with ballet-inspirations but I don't know if I can handle a tutu...Rihanna certainly can though!

1 comment: