Sunday, January 23, 2011

Functional Fashion

It is no small secret that I love wearing black! Black clothing, accessories, shoes, eyeliner...everything! The list just keeps going on and when I get dressed up it seems as if I am in a constant state of blending in with the night-time surroundings, just call me "night hawk" (okay, Step Brothers reference...I have watched that movie too many times over winter break). I honestly think I love black so much because it is functional. I can pair any black item with any other black item and look chic, timeless and pretty effortlessly-cool (if I do it right that is). Do you have a favorite color that you wear non-stop?
Last night I was reunited with all of my friends who I haven't seen since the end of last semester and it is funny how time can heal all wounds, broken hearts, and "major-but-not-so-major" conflicts (do you get my girl-talk?). Over a couple pitchers of white sangria, and tons of laughter and poking fun at each other we called it a night. Waking up this morning and seeing the beautiful Rhode Island sunrise reminded me of all simple but hilarious memories we made last night and it really makes me smile...it's going to be a good day! 
Last night I wore:
Blouse: Express long sleeve (silk blend), Pants: Converse for Target stretch legging, Belt: braided silver from F21, Shoes: F21 Wedge gifted from S, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: H&M

5 comments:

  1. I love that blouse! And the color black...we are like best buds...so much so that everything I purchase tends to be black...rut? Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad u had a great night, sweetie! Girl time is the best! And yup I'm totally with u on the black :)

    Happy Sunday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge fan out all black outfits, they never fail! ... Love your shoes, cutout makes them so unique!

    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear way too much black and this got to stop. Working on that New Year resolution on trying new things.

    http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete