Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Doom & Gloom

I am really trying to look on the bright side despite events that have occurred over the past few days: speeding ticket, confusion with homework/grades, panic that I am graduating, family issues, etc.
It's been really hard to stay positive, but I know that I need to trick myself in to thinking that everything is great and fabulous--it's the only way for me to get over the bad stuff...to ignore it until it eventually fizzles away (or builds up in to massive heaps).

Last night I watched a documentary called "The September Issue" about Vogue and the creation of the 2007 September issue of the magazine (the biggest edition the magazine had put out thus far!) I loved seeing designers such as Thakoon and Oscar de la Renta interact with fashion dynamo Anna Wintour. The whole time I was watching the movie I was thinking of the movie The Devil Wears Prada, Meryl Streep's character Miranda Priestly is exactly like Anna...the similarities are hilarious (even the pursing of the lips scene in the movie is documented!) I really recommend watching this if you have an interest in fashion, the magazine industry, and just style in general.

Comfort was the only thing I had on my mind today mostly because I have been moody and didn't feel like dressing up--but I love dressing up! Okay, I am making a pledge right now to all my readers, my outfits are going to be much better after today. Pessimism negatively affects wardrobe choices.
I'm wearing:
  • Dark wash BASS strait leg jeans
  • Ralph Lauren scoop neck black t-shirt
  • Marisa Christina brown, tan, and black sweater-coat
  • Purple, black, gold, brown Pashmina scarf
  • Minnetonka moccasins...one bow-tie broke today :(
I am going to work on having a positive attitude right now...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. stay positive girl! it's almost christmas break tiiime!

    ReplyDelete