Tuesday, December 7, 2010

'Tis the Season to Be Formal

Hi Beautiful Readers!
Today is going to be a busy day for me...sorry about the sporadic posts, I am just very overwhelmed with final projects and writing portfolios at the moment, I promise my blogging will stabilize again very soon!
I wanted to do a post on formal season, because I know that most of my readers are involved in Greek life. The end of the semester always means FORMAL! Despite the panic associated with finding a date (that hasn't "socialized" with another girl in your sorority house), making a hair appointment, testing out the perfect "natural" face or smokey eye; the biggest panic (for me) is finding the perfect dress...oh and shoes...oh yeah, and bag.
Every year I say the same thing, "I'll recycle a dress" but can I do that, nope! And why you ask? It would apparently make sense to do so, since I only wear black to formal events (it's slimming DUH!). However, there is nothing like finding that new dress that makes you feel like a million bucks.

I want that spotlight-glimmer-shimmer-sparkly-deliriously-excited feeling when I get ready for formal, and for me a new dress does just that.
So trying on a million options, and then returning a million options, I am finally settled on a dress...and it only cost $10 after all the in-store sales! Hello Urban Behavior body-con snake-skin-pattern dress. With my new F21 black suede stiletto heels and my Grandma's vintage black beaded clutch, I will be the belle of the ball...or club, Monet Lounge to be more specific.
This is the first formal we are having at a lounge/club, no sit down dinner, no formal-ness about it at all...strictly dancing, drinks, and a ton of...drama? (I HOPE NOT!)

In case you have a formal coming up here are my tips for dressing for success:
  • Always make sure you feel 100% comfortable in what you wear. If you don't you will not have a fun night because you are going to be wondering if your "back-fat" or "love-handles" are apparent in every picture being taken (and there are A LOT of pictures at formal!)
  • Double, triple, quadruple check that no one in your sorority is wearing the same dress as you, girls tend to freak out at that type of thing...and do you really want to be comparing yourself to someone else the entire night!
  • If you are going to for a trendy dress, keep it classy and understated with accessories--let the main focus be the dress. Similarly if you have a basic dress, up the ante and wear tons of accessories *remember to sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!*
  • Make sure you can walk in your shoes...enough said!
  • Have fun, leave the drama at the door, because no matter how great your outfit is, a bad attitude (re: angry face) will make anything you wear look bad!
Have a great formal everyone, mine's on Sunday and I cannot wait. It will be such a nice break from my final projects and tests!
Let me know what you're wearing!
xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment