Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Last Day of Classes!

Oh-my-gosh!
Today is the last day of classes and it is surreal; how can I be approaching my final semester of college? Time seriously goes way too fast, it's hard to catch my breath sometimes.
Just being in Rhode Island has been a great experience and a collage of images from my time at URI constantly plays in my mind; it will forever be on repeat, streaming through my entire body.
Just yesterday, as me and my roommate S were walking on Narragansett Beach, bundled in long, down, furry coats, scarves, gloves (thanks Grandma!), hats, and Uggs, I couldn't help but feel like I was living in a movie scene: staring out in to the deep sapphire ocean, watching brave surfers glide through the crashing tides, kicking the sand up with our boots, dancing on the seashells and staring at the boats on the horizon.
Sorry for the sappiness, but I am growing up so fast--AH!
Recently I have been filling out intent to graduate forms, spring internship paperwork, doing final projects and portfolios, going out to the bars to celebrate (successes, failures, love, loss?), decorating our Christmas tree (my house looks like Santa's workshop, thanks SYD!) and getting ready for formal. It seems like I have the most massive to-do list of life...but for some reason it makes me feel like I am really accomplishing a lot, and I am learning a lot about myself in the process: body image, time management, relationship issues (friends/boys...definitely not men!) and all the other issues a twenty-something girl deals with.

Here's my last day of classes (Fall Semester) outfit. Keep in mind, it is absolutely freezing so I wanted to stay warm. I also had to walk from the middle-of-no-where-commuter-lot, to the emporium to get my eyebrows waxed (hello formal on Sunday, and eyebrows are very important to keep groomed!) and back to Roosevelt Hall to get more internship forms (woo-hoo, not!); therefore I needed the Uggs today!
  • Jones New York, distressed red boat neck 3/4 sleeve t-shirt
  • Bass, medium wash jeans
  • Marshalls, gray leg warmers
  • Uggs, chestnut short
  • Gap, gray cardigan (not pictured)
  • Marshalls, mutli-colored circle scarf (not pictured)
So life is hectic, and I am loving every second of it...I don't know if it's the cold air blowing all around me or the anticipation of great things to come, but it feels so great to be alive!
There's a Holiday Mini-mall in the Union today...I need a little finals-week-pick-me-up. I saw some great hand-knit ear/neck warmers...do I dare?
I'll report back with my little splurges!
xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. today is our ldoc too! crazy! also this is random but i love the green color of your walls :)

    ReplyDelete