Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oktoberfest in Newport


Today was a beautiful day! Me and my roommates decided to go to Newport for Oktoberfest, which is essentially a giant drinking celebration on Thames Street! Since it was so nice out (& it's October, holy cow!) I decided that I wanted to keep my outfit pretty casual and airy. The festival is in Newport, which is on the water, and the temperature can range from scorching hot to freezing cold (even on a beautiful day like today) so it was necessary to wear pants! While I wish I wore a skirt or dress, I don't need the wind blowing up my skirt, thank you very much!

I paired my Bass denim dark wash jeans with a layered tank top look. My bottom layer is a stretchy black tank from Target and the top tank is a gray pocket tank from Old Navy. I think solid color tank tops are the best investment ever. You can pair them together or as a layering piece for t-shirts (long or short). They also work great tucked into skirts or under dresses for a little more coverage. When I find tank tops I like (like the ones in these photos) I stock up in every single color! Also a little tip: if you like the style of the tank get some in a larger size as well because the slouchy look is really in. I also like to work out in big tank tops so they are really versatile! I topped the tanks with a black lace vest from Topshop! Topshop is the mecca of British Fashion and the stores opened in the US within the past two years. Everything is hand picked and selected by British fashion icon Kate Moss! Everything from Topshop seems amazingly cool and chic, I just love going to that store. Lastly, I wore my Cynthia Vincent for Target sandals that I wore in this post. They are so comfortable and match everything. I love the gold stud detailing, it is subtle and really subdued.

I just love going on these types of outings with friends! Me and my roommates are really all about experiencing all aspects of Rhode Island since we are seniors and don't have much time left (MAJOR SIGH!) I am just so lucky that I have these wonderful ladies to travel and make memories with. We are going back to Newport for Oktoberfest Part Deux tomorrow so I know that my weekend will consist of great times with great friends, plus a little bit of beer. What are you guys doing this weekend? Anyone else going to Oktoberfest?

No comments:

Post a Comment