Monday, October 4, 2010

Future Editor-in-Chief


Hey guys! So I know that I mostly post casual outfits that I wear to classes, with the occasional "bar night" outfit. However, last night I had my first formal sorority meeting of the month of October. Formal meeting is basically an excuse to dress up. For me, I always try to channel my future-inner-editor-in-chief-of-a-major-magazine! This past Sunday was no exception, I really was trying to style up my outfit. We just gave out our fall bids so I also wanted to look cute when meeting the new girls!

It was pretty cold last night (or at least I told myself it was due to the fact that it's October aka autumn), so I wanted to wear pants. I wore my stretchy-tight blue/black skinny leg trousers from Forever21, which I have basically lived in so far this semester. I wear them to class, meetings, and out for drinks with my friends. The uses of these pants are limitless so definitely invest in a pair! I also wore a black 3/4 long sleeve button down from Ralph Lauren (blue label) that I purchased from Marshall's on clearance, hello $5.oo amazingness! Over the button down I wore my gray and black blazer that I purchased at Forever21 for $35. I didn't know how often I would wear it so I contemplated buying it forever but I am glad I did because I have actually worn it tons of times from interviews to meetings and class presentations. Never underestimate the power of a blazer, they exude class and sophistication and instantly pull a look together. Lastly, I wore my new BCBG tan suede wedges. I love them! They are so soft and comfortable and a great fall shoe option, for all of you that don't want to wear boots just yet. They are a great transition from summer flip flops to winter boots!

I won't bore you again with my statement that I am keeping it natural with hair and makeup. Maybe I will just report on this if it ever changes. Speaking of changes, the weather has been constantly changing every single day, getting colder and colder. I don't know if I necessarily love the cold but I just love the fall months because everything is so crisp, cool and comfy. I can't wait to go apple picking with my sorority sisters and drink some hot apple cider. What do you guys have planned for fall? Excited to start wearing scarves, jackets, and boots? I know I am!

PS: Notice the crazy Carrie Bradshaw hair! Yeah...that's what rushing to a meeting and hopping out of the shower (sans blow drying) does to my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment