Wednesday, October 6, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'...In the Rain



Hey Ladies (and maybe some Gents?!?!)
It's raining in Rhode Island today (again!) It seems like when it rains in this state it goes on for days and I am praying we don't have flood warnings like last spring semester. When I woke up and saw the weather I thought "great, I need to wear a gross outfit to school today." However, fear not fashion friends, I reevaluated my statement and decided to try and "rock" something fashionable and cute. It proved to be a difficult task though, involving me throwing clothes everywhere and storming around my room listening to old Michele Branch songs. I got the job done though, even though all I wanted to do was cuddle under my covers in my comfy black sweats and watch movies until I felt my eye lids flutter shut and I transcended into a sweet, deep sleep....but NO! I am sitting in the Rams Den blogging about clothes (which I am rather addicted to doing now, so I don't mind one itty bit!)

Today, my final outfit settled on black leggings bought at Old Navy for $15.00. While these are way more expensive than the type I normally buy ($5.00 Forever21 anyone?) I think they are more comfortable and less see-through. Girls, you know what I am talking about. When I wear these leggings I don't need to worry if my shirt rides up past my butt a little bit, no one will see through my pants ha-ha-ha! Okay, so on top I wore my charcoal gray waffle long sleeve button down that I got at the J. Crew Outlet store years ago. I am a big fan of flannel, waffle and thermal shirts and wear them religiously, they are especially good for laying during the upcoming cold months. I wore my light gray Mossimo for Target long sweater vest which is very versatile and looks great with jeans, tights, dresses, skirts, the works! I think vests are great because they can totally change up an outfit you wear all the time. Or, if you have an intense floral print dress that you think you can never wear again because it is oh to memorable, belt a long vest over it and voila instant change in the outfit! On my feet, I had to put away my beloved Sperrys, I know they are water proof but it is raining cats and dogs! I wore my distressed red short Hunter Rain boots, purchased at Marshalls for $20.00 and retail for about $150.00. Lastly, I am wearing a metal and stone (unknow stone I must add) necklace that my grandparents purchased for me while they vacationed in Nova Scotia, Canada. This is the first time I am wearing it, so I had to do a shout-out! I just love bargains and I am definitely a "Marshall's Ninja," or at least that's what I tell my friends.

I really love this blog and I love how I have more followers. Please feel free to contact me about anything, comment on my posts, tell me what your loving, ANYTHING! I really want to try and get this blog established. I was just accepted to the IFB network (INDEPENDENT FASHION BLOGGERS) so hopefully that will help catapult me into the blogosphere. Thanks for reading and following! I will do my best to entertain and inspire you all!


Remember:
"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain"
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I already told you, but I felt the same way this morning when I woke up. I was literally like "Great. What am I going to wear?" I hate rainy days...but you have me tips to keep in mind for future downpours! :)

    ReplyDelete