Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!


Welcome to my post filled with lies!
Okay, fine I am not lying, but I kind of am....let me explain.

This morning when I woke up I looked out my window as I simultaneously checked my igoogle homepage. I wanted to scope out the weather and I read that it was going to be 70 degrees with a chance of rain. I looked outside, and it looked mucky but it wasn't raining. I got dressed, creepily caught E in the bathroom and asked her to take my picture and walked outside to my car. Then I realized, that it wasn't random leftover droplets flying off tree leaves hitting me in the face, but actual raindrops falling from the sky...IT WAS RAINING! My outfit no longer complied with the weather and I ran upstairs to change. So while the pictures E took were what I started off wearing I had to change it up...
Just know that I swapped my flats for Sperry boat shoes, my long black cardigan for a short black one, un-tucked my shirt, ditched the belt and put on a raincoat.

But here I go describing what I intended to wear today...before Rhode Island rain decided to make it's self a part of my day. I started off with my half button gray beaded J. Crew T-shirt that I got at the outlets about 2 years ago. I don't wear it as much as I'd like to but I had a presentation today and it is a very "sophisticated" t-shirt (or at least that's what I tell myself.) In my opinion, J. Crew just can't go wrong. Everything they design is comfortable and classic. Every time I wear a piece from J. Crew I have a huge smile on my face! And have you seen their catalogs? I love every element of the company: from the colors to scenery they use. I especially love how the movie cast of the Romantics was featured in the past catalog (have I mentioned how much I love Katie Holmes? Major girl crush!)
Okay, so on top of the t-shirt I am yet again wearing my GAP long black waffle cardigan. It really is just the most perfect length and totally comfortable. I think I live in it...I wash it though, I promise! Okay, so I am also wearing my dark wash BASS jeans. I love the company BASS, and they have some great pieces, I also love that their shoes are being featured more and more in major fashion magazines and also sold at Urban Outfitters. I have been wearing BASS for a while, before most people even knew what it was (My Grandfather worked for the company, hello corporate discount!) and I love how the brand has become more fashionable. Lastly, I am wearing my GAP denim ruffle ballet flats. They are seriously worn thin because I lived in them this past summer but I just can't seem to get rid of them. However, since I can now feel the street below my feet when I strut around campus I am thinking they must go to the big shoe grave in the sky. The good news about this is that now I can look for a new pair...Tory Burch Reva flats in copper anyone?


So far on this murky day my clothes are different than I originally photographed (I had a disclaimer about this on my blog so you were forewarned!), and I have had my eyebrows freshly waxed.
So despite the weather I am having a pretty good day.

I just want to end this post giving a special shout-out to one of my best friends
RACHAEL ROSE
who is the big 2-1 today!
We celebrated last night at Charlie O's but the "Rose Bowl" continues! I can't wait to celebrate with you.
Love you one million red M&M's!
"Matrix" on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment