Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Knit-y Grity

Hi! I am so excited to post today because I have been alerted by BLOGGER that I now have a follower! Although so far, the count is one, that is one more than I originally had so thanks for following and welcome to my style world!

I woke up this morning and the sky was gray and depressing, but I made myself a promise last night to embrace every day as it comes and to have a positive outlook on life because:
"Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine" -Anthony J. D'Angelo

The last few days have been really hard for me; my grandfather's funeral, drama with friends and BOYS, catching up on all my work, and trying to get back into the swing of everyday life. I really do feel as if I am going to be embracing a new outlook starting today. When I picked out my outfit today I thought:
"look good, feel GREAT!"

I decided to put on my favorite stretchy black jeggings from Forever 21 (because it looked rainy and they are comfortable.) To be honest, I never thought I would wear the dreaded "jeggings." The concept, jeans and leggings combined seemed weird and slightly moronic to me a few months ago; now I am a victim to their stretchy comfortable-ness! They are tight in all the right places, and just seem to suck you in, like lower-body spanx! I topped the outfit off with a knit short-sleeve sweater with tassels on the side and a cinched waist (which I tied in a girly bow!) I got the top at Marshalls on clearance for $5.00 and never looked back. Don't you love those cheap thrills! I already got two compliments on it today and its only 9:57am! Definitely worth the purchase. As for shoes, I am wearing black and gold studded gladiators from the Cynthia Vincent for Target Line. I love when big name designers, create limited edition lines for Target and other bargain stores. It definitely makes big-time fashion more available to regular poor college consumers like me, I definitely appreciate the design Cynthia!

As for jewelery, I am wearing my typical mish-mosh of bracelets that I never take off. However, an additional piece of jewelery I am wearing today (I am not typically a jewelery person) is a grayish-blue beaded ring that my aunt got for me and my sister for Christmas. It is really pretty and it always receives a lot of attention. I guess it is my statement piece for the day.

The humidity is killer today so I decided to not "do my hair" but just used some texture spray to embrace my natural wavy texture. I also embraced a natural face, only blush, concealer and eyeliner. I spritzed myself with Burberry London perfume and I was good to go.

Getting over hard times is hard, but I reminded myself that I am stronger than I thought. You need to do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, and dress to look fabulous because it really will brighten your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment