Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Button-Down Feeling

Hey there! So I am back with yet another fashion post, this time I am showing an outfit that I wore to class on Friday. The sun was shining and there was a crisp breeze. I love this weather in September because it isn't too hot or too cold, it is just perfect! I thought the best thing to wear would be cut off jean shorts (why not wear them when I still can get away with it) and a button down blue long sleeve t-shirt. I accessorized my outfit with a brown and studded leather belt as well as brown leather sandals (not pictured.)

The jean shorts I got at American Eagle years ago. What I love about jean shorts is their ability to be dressed up or down. I have worn these shorts to class, the movies, BBQ's as well as nice restaurants. It is all about the accessories you pair with the jean shorts as well as the shirt/tank tops/cardigans you wear on top! The blue shirt I wear I got at Marshalls. It is a half-button type shirt which I really love because it is kind of tunic-esque. I could pair the shirt with leggings, or even wear it belted as a dress, it is very functional and that is something I look for in every piece that I buy. The leather belt that I am wearing I found at Hollister. I am not a huge Hollister fan, mostly because I am not into big trendy stores who label every piece of clothing with a huge BIRD (Hollister) or MOOSE (Abercrombie & Fitch.) However, the accessory was amazing, engraved and studded brown leather which was neither gaudy or over-embellished. I wear this belt all the time. I highly encourage you to invest in a belt like this. You can wear it in the belt loops of shorts and pants, or belted around a dress to cinch the waist and create a more feminine shape. Lastly, the shoes (not pictured, but I wear them all the time so you will see them soon, I promise!) are brown gladiator sandals from Bass. I love these sandals because they can be dressed up or down and have a great bohemian flair to them. I always feel very KATE HUDSON when I wear them!

I think part of style is makeup and hair so I may describe these elements occasionally. For school I like to keep things natural and light. I basically use a foundation, mineral blush, bronzer, tan eyeshadow, and brown eyeliner. I obviously spritz myself with my favorite fragrances: Marc Jacobs Daisy or Burberry London. As for my hair I have the mentality:
"LONG HAIR DON'T CARE"
and I love to wear my hair down loose and natural.

What do you guys like to wear to school? Do you glam it up or go natural like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment