Monday, November 29, 2010

Speed Demon

Hey ladies!
Okay, so yesterday was not the greatest day. Well it started GREAT! An awesome breakfast (yogurt, cut up granny smith apple, honey sunshine Kashi cereal, blackberry, wheat-germ homemade parfait YUM!) followed by a great gym session...then on my way driving back to school BLAM! I got a $294 speeding ticket, I wanted to cry, scream, yell and explode, but I just sat there patiently as the police officer wrote me up. This very expensive lesson that I learned yesterday was a wake up call of some sorts for me...I drive way too fast, I have a lead foot, period. So when I finally got back to school I was not in the best of spirits. However, one trip to Charlie O's with my friends and 2 $5.00 pitchers of pink Sangria later, I was feeling happy, light-hearted and...drunk? I know I shouldn't be posting about my intoxication (on the Internet?) but I needed to get loose and alleviate myself of some tension, and I am 21 so it is perfectly legal, so I will continue talking about this. My liquid courage was the perfect motivator and at the bar I asked my friend to formal, score! So, now I have formal shoes, a formal date, and now I need a formal dress (okay, okay, I kind of have one, but there's always room for improvement and new ideas right?).

Today, despite a massive hangover, I am feeling pretty good. I had a great breakfast, drove below 40mph all the way to school listening to OAR and the Pussycat Dolls (weird combination right?) and I feel pretty good about life. This is my outfit: comfortable and casual, perfect for the chilly yet sunny Rhode Island day.
  1. American Eagle plaid flannel long sleeve button down (gifted from Mom)
  2. BASS skinny leg "trouser" jeans
  3. Minnetonka moccasins
  4. Skinny gold headband (from Aldo Accessories)
Again sorry for the horrible quality pictures! I do have a camera, but when I do self-timer shots they look horrible and do not get my whole outfit anyway. I need my roommates to take my pictures but they sleep in so late (lazy bums!), or actually...I just wake up entirely too early. Who goes to sleep drunk off sangria and 2am and wakes up (internal alarm clock) at 7am? This girl right here!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday so far. Appreciate the sunshine and look for the small things in life to make you happy, that's what I am doing! Can you guys believe there are only 2 more weeks of classes left?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment