Friday, November 5, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours!


Rain, rain go away, come again another day!
Ugh, it's raining in Rhode Island...again. This state just seems to flood non-stop and as much as I love my Hunter Rain boots, I didn't have it in me to wear them today. I thought to myself, if I do not acknowledge the rain, maybe it will stop, and maybe I won't get soaking wet walking up the massive hill from the commuter parking lot to the memorial union...no such luck AKA drenched!

So what did I decide to wear on this rainy day that I refused to recognize?
I decided to wear my long black Forever21 leggings. I don't really know why but rainy days require leggings, or sweatpants. I hate when I wear jeans in the rain. They get wet, stiff and I am just uncomfortable for the remainder of my time wearing them. However, I must admit when you finally take them off and throw on a pair of comfy sweats there is no better feeling in the world. Throw in some fuzzy socks, a stack of glossy fashion magazines, and a cup of hot tea and I am in heaven, I don't know about you guys.
On top I decided to wear my Kimichi Blue (brand) purple and black plaid long sleeve tunic from Urban Outfitters. Well actually this was my sisters and she gave it to me, so thanks D (I needed a long shirt to wear on days like these!). For boots, I am wearing my Bass Black leather Biker boots. They are so comfortable and cute and I actually love them! Funny thing is, they are actually good in the rain because the droplets fall right off of leather.
And...despite my complaining that I was drenched walking up here (I actually looked like I went through a car wash), I am dry now and pretty toasty sitting in the Ram's Den, waiting for my friend Derek to come sit with me (so I can procrastinate further...hello procrastination Friday?!?) I am consumed by the aroma of bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches and hazelnut coffee and it just makes this rainy day seem so much better.

Hair= naturally wavy (leave me alone, it's raining and frizzing up, not quite Richard Simmons style...but pretty close)
Makeup= same old, same old. However, in the new Women's Heath Magazine this month cover girl Lauren Conrad gives her tips to do the perfect "top line" with eyeliner so I am trying that later today. You know just bumming around on my rainy Friday, listening to The Script and attempting to do my eye makeup like my girl crush Lauren Conrad (wow, I have a lot of girl crushes right? Ah, whatever, I am just an inspired girl!).

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend!
Thanks for reading and please remember, if you ever want to comment, email, tweet to me (anything!) don't hesitate, I would love to hear from you all!

*I have a Tumblr which is filled with inspirational pictures and quotes, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment