Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rainy Day Plaid

I woke up this morning to the not-so-gentle pitter-patter of rain drops...I heard the howling wind, felt the subtle shake of my (rented) beach house and looked out the window to see the rough crashing of waves against the shore of Bonvue's little beach. A while ago I decided that flannels and plaid perfectly accompany rain--soft, warm, and comfortable these pieces are my rainy day staples; naturally I broke out the plaid today. And in case anyone wants to know what music meshes perfectly with days like these...Florence + The Machine.
I'm Wearing:
Cardigan: GAP, Flannel: Forever21, Turtleneck: Ralph Lauren, Leggings: The Girls, Boots: NYC Boutique



How do you feel about rainy days? Hate/Love? Love to Hate? Hate to Love? 

13 comments:

  1. Yesterday it was rainy and windy here, I opted for a plaid shirt and my rainboots.... I am happy to have bought my new Burberry rainboots, they make any rainyday better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boots! Plaid is always one of my go-to's when it's raining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect rainy day ensemble. I love rainy days - they're so relaxing and cozy, but they can be tough to dress for! Thank god for trenches and flannel :)

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely boots! :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute outfit! rainy days make me feel like being snuggly and warm... and never getting out of bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally casual and adorable!! Comfy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh... The boots are really cute :0

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plaid and boots - I hate to admit it but I love dark colors like this!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable plaid top! hate those rainy days



    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like a good rainy day every now and then.. always love a good plaid shirt!
    xoxo

    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. great casual outfit.. boots are perfect for a cold and rainy day..

    xx claudia
    www.cla-sib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so cozy ! Love the plaid !

    www.lightsdrivemysoul.blogspot.com
    xxSea

    ReplyDelete